Model Train Forum banner
701 - 720 of 802 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #706 ·
The J1 sounds great. Those twin K4s look great!
Yes it does. I'm bummed the K4 sound didn't work as it sounded amazing with the TCS wow kit I put in it! Would have sounded great even with only 1 of the 2 having sound but just have to wait for the new speaker to get here that's all...

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #709 ·
Now that I'm back at work and can venture out into the world again it's harder to fit in time for the layout. Luckily (well not really but for layout) on my way to a Jiu Jitsu heard a nice thump thump thump on the highway. Pulled over a few times couldn't figure it out. Eventually went away but I limped home and the mechanic had no clue how I didn't have a blowout on the highway or how the tire was still holding air! 3 out of the 4 tires you could see the metal core with the 4th one pretty much there. Lovely dealership that "checked" my tires last oil change 6k miles ago didn't do so hot of a job... But I can't go anywhere today or tomorrow on my days off soooooo what else do I have to do around the house!!!
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #717 ·
Doing weights, couplers and wheels is a pain in the neck but well worth it in the long run.
Model railroading is no fun if things don't run right. Good Job and the layout is coming along nicely.

Magic
I can attest to that as I've been doing my testing with a mix of metal and plastic wheels and properly weighed and underweighted cars. Been putting the underweight cars towards the rear but I was limited in what I had for rolling stock that had kadee couplers... Just got 50-60 metal wheels delivered today while I was out and about so looking like Monday or Tuesday I'll tackle that project!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Yikes on those tires!
I always…well, no I cheat and skip it sometimes, but 2-3 times per week I do a lazy walk around inspection, mainly looking for low tire pressure or total flats. Once per week I do a thorough visual walk around; checking for low pressure, unusual wear, an under carriage visual for anything obvious, etc. I also keep the radio off at start up and listen for any problems with ignition, at idle, or brake issues after a roll back out of the garage.
I used to forget about doing it, so I got a Remove Before Flight sensor streamer that I hang from my rear view to remind me to do it. Last thing on the check list is close the garage door & confirm it went all the way down.

701 - 720 of 802 Posts