Model Train Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Stuff I never knew about. Very cool.
You talking about the drylok paint or something else? If you're talking about the drylok prepare to use more than they say you'll need if you have an older porous foundation like mine... I'm about to open up my 3rd gallon when according to the square footage that a gallon should cover should have been my last gallon but I'll need at least 3-4 more gallons...

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Today is operation take care of dog day... She's had an upset stomach for a few days and the probiotics haven't been working and today it was coming out of both ends so I'll be bringing her to the vet so that will take precedence today!!!

20210323_081047_HDR.jpg

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Progress was stalled several days due to puppy's upset stomach. Got to love white dogs! They did more extensive bloodwork than in the past with these intestinal flare ups and figured it was allergies. She's been on a limited ingredient diet as her big brother has bad food allergies and now has to have bi-monthly allergy shots but she's still allergic to the limited ingredient food so now we're trying a prescription hydrolyzed protein food. Sounds expensive doesn't it?:censored:

20210323_152654.jpg
20210323_140045_HDR.jpg
20210323_125932.jpg

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Wife was home yesterday on her last Wed Zoom from home teaching her 5th graders as she goes back to school 5 days a week in person now so I tried doing a little work but puppy wasn't feeling to well so I couldn't accomplish much :cautious: I was able to break down my "layout" and started to clean up the workbench area in preparation for moving it to paint but never got it all done...

20210325_093723_HDR.jpg

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
It's like a constant puzzle of where to put things and where to paint next o_O

20210325_093717.jpg

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
But the puzzle has given me some good ideas. For example I think I may run the end loops around the chimney stack above the sewer pipe to avoid the big bump out at the end of the L that I was originally thinking of doing which would make it seem like it's not an end loop since my plan is to do the PRR mainline from Philly to Harrisburg and I didn't know where to start on the Philly end as I wanted continuous operation and with hiding the end like this it could leave me open to having it "start" at the Philly station giving me more options... It would all depend on where I decide to put the new hot water heater...

20210325_094625.jpg
20210325_094646_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Progress was stalled several days due to puppy's upset stomach.
We had a puppy that had the occasional bout of upset stomach (which became less frequent as he got older). We always fed boiled chicken (white meat) and rice until he came around.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
That food is expensive. A 25 Lbs. bag will run you about $100. On-line.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
We had a puppy that had the occasional bout of upset stomach (which became less frequent as he got older). We always fed boiled chicken (white meat) and rice until he came around.
White dogs = problems...

That food is expensive. A 25 Lbs. bag will run you about $100. On-line.
Oh you don't have to tell me I know all about expensive dog food :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Had some rolling stock delivered yesterday from ebay. Got two of them for $3 to lump in with another larger order but so all in all it was $33 shipped for these items. I know they will need some work with new couplers and a few new reefer cover panels but I liked the look of them so I did it. I could have saved the $9 in shipping as the seller was about 25 minutes away from where I live but I was being super lazy :sleep:

20210326_121404.jpg
20210326_121406.jpg
20210326_121409.jpg
20210326_121411.jpg

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
The real reason I bid on this lot was for this PRR gondola with a load in it. I really wanted this and was very happy when my under $20 bid won the lot of 8...

20210326_121420.jpg

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
The other scores were some brand new PRR MoW Pullman cars... One went for $8 and the other went for $32 and I was happy with the average of $20 for each of them since I haven't really seen too many lately on ebay especially brand new. This was the lot I added 2 of those $3 cars to since shipping was basically free.

20210326_121447.jpg

·
Registered
554 Posts
Awww, poor girl! I hope the new food helps.

Looks like you're making good progress.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Awww, poor girl! I hope the new food helps
So far the new food has worked fine so far and she's acting like her crazy self already!

Looks like you're making good progress.
Thanks! Since she's feeling better I got a little work done today and painted three of the window sills and moved the work bench out and painted the floors. Going to hit the walls on Monday!

20210327_141859.jpg
20210327_141905_HDR.jpg
20210327_141922.jpg

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
It's amazing how much more I can paint when I don't have to move huge shelving units around! was able to paint pretty much the entire front side of the house wall and the corner in the last picture of the previous post in under an hour! I still need to hand paint behind the water softner set up and around the fuse box but tomorrow hope to put back the big tool/work bench and crank out more of the floor and hand paint the rest of the wall.

20210329_094002.jpg

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I forgot to post a picture before of the work bench area...
20210325_093723_HDR.jpg

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Before and after of the rest of the painting from this morning...

20210329_093940.jpg
20210329_095555.jpg

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
First off happy to report the puppy is doing much better on her super expensive prescription diet food... She's back to her normal super crazy self :cautious:...

...Which lets me continue to work on the basement. I think I'm on the home stretch as yesterday after I had a co-worker swing by to help me move the tool bench back all I had to do was move a small tv stand and I was able to crank out the whole front of the house portion (well minus the small part above the water softener set up that I totally forgot to paint).

I'm taking the day off from painting today as I have some plans which include a nice chiropractic cracking to try and fix the back from all this painting, do some fish tank maintenance and more importantly heading over to a friend's house to try out my BLI GG1 on his DCC layout 😎

Here are some before and after shots from yesterday's work...

61 - 80 of 100 Posts