Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to do a search, but only come up with american flyer.
My dad wanted to make sure I got what he refered to as "The Yellow Flyer" It is HO Scale. I am wondering if this is just a name he calls a certain train, or if anyone knows what he is refering to.
TIA!

·
Yard Master & Research
10,802 Posts
You need a manufacturer more specifics.
It does not ring any bells for me. Steam, diesel, era,coach,even country or state. Description is the key or a good picture. If you find one on the web give us a link. For 50's Mantua and some Lionel existed in HO. They could be foreign too. FLeischmann or Marklin. A lot of options out there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunatly I have no idea which train he was refering to. I am missing a few trains. Long story..But the short of it is..We think his long time girlfriend may of sold/was trying to sell some of his trains. My dad does not know, and I did not want to upset him in his condition. I just got what I could. My dad knows I have them. He even stated he knows they will be safe with me. So, I will ask him what his yellow flyer is today when I call him.
There is not a solid yellow engine here. Nothing even close to it. Which bothers me! But, I need to be glad that I got what I did! And they are safe.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,802 Posts
I turned up a valley flyer some type of coach from the search engine.
So can you find some names on them?

Wikipedia - Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway.
Nice eh
The locomotives had metal skirting applied along the sides, which was painted aluminum (as was the nose and smokestack) with red and yellow stripes, these being oultined by black pinstripes; the tenders were similarly decorated. A yellow "Circle and Cross" emblem backed by red "wings" was emblazoned across the front of the locomotive above the pilot deck, and on each side of the tender, which also featured a red "wing." The air-conditioned rolling stock was painted completely in aluminum, and had red and yellow stripes running along their sills, bordered with black pinstripes
Equipment
Baldwin 4-6-2 Pacific #1369
Baldwin 4-6-2 Pacific #1376
Combine Baggage-Barbershop-Buffet-Library #1302
Lounge #1367
Fred Harvey Company Diner #1467
"Chair" car / Coach #3002
"Chair" car / Coach #3005
"Chair" car / Coach #3006
Thanks to Wikipedia :thumbsup::thumbsup:

So you may have a steam engine with 4 small front wheels,6 drive and 2 following.
Mantua did make Pacifics with cast shells into the 70's I believe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a yellow union pacific but I really don't think that is the train he is refering too..who knows..It is an older train and has the # 866 on it. Bachmann. You may be able to see it in one of the pics in my other thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts