Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

Just curious to if there are any Hornby collectors here.

Were collecting quite a few limited editions including the commonwealth collection. We have 4 out of the 5, just waiting for the last one to be released.

I have always wondered if there was a site you could go on, put your cert number down and regroup to limited editions to see where they all went. Be neat i think.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
what exactly is the commonwealth collection?

I have a Hornby Live Steam Mallard and plan on getting the Flying Scotsman double tender in about a year.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
i would show you pics, but my trains do not come out of the box.. Collector here... So if you want pictures of red boxes, let me know!
no pictures? fine then please explain whats the point of posting this without pictures? as the banner states - useless. you are collector, but then whats the point of you collection of whatever you choose to collect if you don't showcase this?

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
i would show you pics, but my trains do not come out of the box.. Collector here... So if you want pictures of red boxes, let me know!
Thats such a wiast to buy those beutifully made trains and never even open the box's and use them to their full potential I am a collector of all trains HO but I actually use them because thats what they were made for and do best I mean you can do your own thing but to buy something so beutiful and never even look at! For all you know those boxes could be empty just because you've never looked to see if the product was there and now I may never know what a Hornby common wealth train looks like:(
Plus foes kind of make this thread useless.

but to ones there own.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I collect Hornby. So far, I have several diesels and one steam locomotive. I also have a collection of about 30 pieces of rolling stock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been a long long time since I was here, but seeing the negative replies on page 1 I can see why.

I choose to do with my trains what I wish. the huge mark up these trains gained over the years by not being opened is very substantial.

Since this posting we have easily spent over 5 grand on the colection of A4's including one of the most recent, the great gathering WITH the display case directly from Hornby. These are opened and displayed in the case. I have lots of pics. NOt everything we buy stays in its box unopened, mostly colletor edition A4's.

If anyone is interested, I have a "ARK Royal" diesel for sale brand new in box never opened. Details if interested.

CHeers

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
Been a long long time since I was here, but seeing the negative replies on page 1 I can see why.

I choose to do with my trains what I wish. the huge mark up these trains gained over the years by not being opened is very substantial.

Since this posting we have easily spent over 5 grand on the colection of A4's including one of the most recent, the great gathering WITH the display case directly from Hornby. These are opened and displayed in the case. I have lots of pics. NOt everything we buy stays in its box unopened, mostly colletor edition A4's.

If anyone is interested, I have a "ARK Royal" diesel for sale brand new in box never opened. Details if interested.

CHeers

You really only had 1 negative reply from tankist, I can't see what he posted as I guess the picture has been removed. I do see he second reply, which I think is out of place as the title of the thread asks, Any Hornby Collectors here??
I don't see why he even posted what he did. But his was really the only "negative reply in there. He hardly ever logs in anymore.

gc53dfgc asked you twice what the commonwealth series by hornby is?
You never did answer him.

Your right, they are your trains so you don't have to open them if you want.
But I agree with gc53dfgc. I never could see buying something and not even looking in the box to see if there was actually a train in it.
But they are yours and has nothing to do with the threads title, "Any Hornby Collectors here??" Unless there is a clear panel to see them in the box, I hope there are trains in the box. I hope they are not damaged either. I would want to inspect them. But that is me, you have the right not to open them they are yours.

I don't have any hornby's but had to comment, don't let one negative poster stop you from posting here. I don't know how many collect or run hornby but I see there are a few. Maybe there are more since you signed up in 2010.

I like all forms of trains, I would bet that some would love to see pictures of the boxes. :D
Some of the old boxes go for more then the trains!:rolleyes::p

I would like to see some pictures and I would bet others would too.
Don't judge everyone here by 1 members reply.
Welcome back, stop in once and a while.
If you want. :smokin:

What the commonwealth series?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Is tankists reply negative? He was just expressing an opinion, one that many would agree with. Seems odd to me, collecting trains and never looking at them, but there's all sorts out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey i just opened my 3 year old blue rapier set. Yes, that budgety class 395 with traction tires, i know right?? . I was looking for a cheaper version of southeastern/connex class 466, any toughts??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts