Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to determine if there is any interest in a person or group taking a "complete" setup with controllers, engines, cars, and landscape. My step-father is older and is no longer involved with his trains. The basement has a ~400 sq. ft. table fully setup and functional with o-gauge trains and scenery.

Is anyone interesting in taking the entire setup? It will be free, but you must take it all. We are in the Bethlehem/Allentown Pennsylvania area.

Thanks,
Almon

·
Registered
602 Posts
Of course there will be interest. Especially since you used the word "free". I appreciate that selling requires work, but that effort would or could result in monies that could be allocated to your step fathers wishes or care. Please reconsider, and ask more questions. Those who get your step fathers items for free will likely try to sell them for profit. Sad but a true embodiment of the hobby. Others ?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I completely agree Bryan. That is the nature of the train world when it comes to some people who see nothing but turning a profit. Almon please reconsider your free offer. The area you live in should have plenty of buyers.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It would be nice if the world wasn’t like that, there are some people that would love an opportunity for a gift/opportunity like this. I would suggest making sure family and friends don’t want it first.

and yes, even some sale money could go to a charity, but just remember there are some low income people out there that have no extra money at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts