Model Train Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
14,463 Posts
That looks like a steam heater car, minus the portholes….Rapido makes them, sold out now, but they are also available in undecorated….might be able to find one on eBay….
Train Wheel Vehicle Rolling stock Mode of transport

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Multimedia

· Premium Member
14,463 Posts
My local train store has tons of them, but no undecorated ones….you’d have to strip the paint off one, but with all those details, that would be a nightmare to do properly….

· Premium Member
812 Posts
That's definitely built from a GMD steam generator car like the Rapido model represents. It looks like they removed the windows in the rebuild, and you're going to want to look for roof shots of this car because they've definitely added something significant on top when rebuilding it to an electrical power car.
Found this one, doesn’t look too hard to replicate
Train Plant Rolling stock Vehicle Tree

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies The Rapido Steam Generator car works just fine I think that's probably what GCRY's two Power cars were at one-time former Steam Generator cars that they gutted and slapped a big Diesel power generator into them!

· Registered
1,924 Posts
Thanks for all the replies The Rapido Steam Generator car works just fine I think that's probably what GCRY's two Power cars were at one-time former Steam Generator cars that they gutted and slapped a big Diesel power generator into them!
Not "probably". It's absolutely the same car body from the GM built generator car modeled by Rapido.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts