Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm interested in modeling a narrow gauge freelance model railroad in HOn3, but when I try to find HOn3 locomotives that would've been used on the eastern coast of the United States, all I can find is western locomotives, primarily Blackstone Models.

Don't get me wrong, Blackstones locomotives are beautiful and if I was modeling a Colorado narrow gauge, I'd go to them. However, that's not what I'm modeling.

I guess my question here is, is Blackstone the only game in town for HOn3? Is there anyone else making a wider variety of locomotives for HOn3?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
You might do what I've been doing and hit up Ebay for old kits? I think I've seen some MDC/Roundhouse kits for Pennsylvania steamers. Some kits I've seen include modeling notes and/or options to style a car or loco to a specific line. Or if you can get the equipment unlabeled, you might be able to find notes of the differences to make the car appropriate for your line. A lot of the prototypes were built by the same companies, so other than paint scheme there may not have been a lot of differences.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts