Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was crusing around when suddenly I clicked on a thread and the page loaded all black with a white hand-print on it... It said that the site was hacked, though I assume it was the host of this sight as there were some choice words for the admin :rolleyes:

I thought I would never be posting here again, LOL... Whoever fixed it must have just "gone back in time" as when I just got back onto the site the private message I had recieved this morning was "new and unread" and the reply I sent was non-existant...

Glad to see everything back to normal though! :D :D

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Yes, unfortunately the gallery software running on the server had a security hole in it... I spent some part of yesterday helping a friend who had his 'hacked' as well, and then lo and behold the same thing happened to this site a couple hours later!!

These are just kids who claim to be hackers but aren't really. They used pre-existing knowledge and basically uploaded a file to the server through the gallery, whoo hoo!

Anyways, we're back up and please note that no personal information has been stolen or anything like that. The gallery will be closed until I patch it up, in the next couple days.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts