Model Train Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I would defer to TrackJockey on this.
But if I was to wager I’d say probably a marker for either physical clearance, or dispatcher clearance. It might be a crew change point?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Oil Valley RR:
Yes, deliberately saying something (offensive ) ,then saying you’re sorry for it in almost the same sentence is indeed what society has devolved to.
Not being able to analyze ourselves in a positive/comical light without offending somebody, then getting cancelled because skin is too thin is indeed going in a bad direction. Especially when a social commentary and satire gets called “political” because somebody is offended. That doesn’t convert it to something else. Everything is offensive to somebody; that’s just life. So everything needs to be cancelled if that’s the preferred solution. And that, is social commentary. Not political. It (the post) was a “slam” on our current societal trends and over-reactions compounding that, making things even worse.
This post, also a social commentary, will probably offend somebody, be wrongly labelled “political,” and get deleted too.

And in keeping with societal trends, I protest the decision that the satirical social commentary on social issues was political in any way. Furthermore; Cancelling everything because somebody somewhere might be offended is a crisis, like everything else these days. Lol

1 - 3 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.