Model Train Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 45 of 45 Posts
Oil Valley RR:
Yes, deliberately saying something (offensive ) ,then saying you’re sorry for it in almost the same sentence is indeed what society has devolved to.
Not being able to analyze ourselves in a positive/comical light without offending somebody, then getting cancelled because skin is too thin is indeed going in a bad direction. Especially when a social commentary and satire gets called “political” because somebody is offended. That doesn’t convert it to something else. Everything is offensive to somebody; that’s just life. So everything needs to be cancelled if that’s the preferred solution. And that, is social commentary. Not political. It (the post) was a “slam” on our current societal trends and over-reactions compounding that, making things even worse.
This post, also a social commentary, will probably offend somebody, be wrongly labelled “political,” and get deleted too.

And in keeping with societal trends, I protest the decision that the satirical social commentary on social issues was political in any way. Furthermore; Cancelling everything because somebody somewhere might be offended is a crisis, like everything else these days. Lol

OVRR: Your post got deleted because it was reported by more than one member for offensive content. Be clear, I was not one of them. I know you didn’t suggest I was, just clarifying.

The issue really isn’t political, per se, although I guess we could dance around that mulberry bush. That argument is an obfuscation.
The real issue here is being respectful to our fellow forum members. Do we really have to spell this out for you?

You may or not have noticed that we have members of all colors and creeds from not only the USA, but all over the world. In fact you probably have advised some of these newer members. So is this the way you want to represent yourself, and more importantly, the membership as a whole?

We’re all modelers, first and foremost as far as this forum is concerned. Please just let’s keep it that way. Sure, we all joke around occasionally and we definitely know we have political differences across the spectrum. We should also realize that there’s a WHITE LINE,
albeit invisible-a boundary of common decency in fellowship that needs to be considered.
Thanks for listening. I’m done with this and want to focus on trains.
Dan

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.