Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone worked with Atlas's 40" 3 rail FLEX track?

What are the rail joiners like? Their photos do not clearly show the ends.

Do you cut the rail and remove ties like you do with HO flex track?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
No experience with Atlas. But found a couple of pic.'s to start you off. Note: the rails are not magnetic - not good for Magnetraction.

Atlas.png

·
Registered
8,828 Posts
I have about 3 feet of it. I have about 335 feet on my layout, all Atlas track except for two Fastrack switchers, and used Flextrack for nealry all of the mainline except for a few pieces of straight and curve in specific places. Flextrack allowed me to put the track right where I wanted to often to make curves of different radii, etc.

Flextrack was easy to work with and worked out fantastic! Flextrack uses the same clips as regular Atlas track - small metal clips that slide onto the end of the rails on both pieces, bridging the gap. I butted the ends together with a clip over the junction and then soldered all three rails at both sides on every junction as I installed it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I have used a lot of it, probably 40 sections or more. Bends very easily. Same connections as all the other Atlas track. You do not have to take ties out. Don't use for sharp radius curves, say less that 063.

Art

1 - 4 of 4 Posts