Model Train Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
For me it’s dc only, no sound. I cannot afford those expensive dcc locomotives.
The bulk of mine were purchased DC, then later upgraded to DCC. Still have about 75% to convert. Allows me to choose my own decoder adventure that way too. Spreads the cost out but still secure coveted items in this limited-production release era.

Reactions: WdVal

·
Registered
525 Posts
i divide it into steam with sound
& diesels without sound
steam simmers & hits the blow off valve when not in use which is nice but a group of
diesels sound like a truck stop when they idle , i have 30 ho big boys & 25 are sound & dcc , i have a hand full of 1st gen diesels & only 2 are sound

·
Registered
248 Posts
Since I model in N scale about 1/2 my fleet has sound, but some of my earlier locos are too small to refit with sound, finding room for the speaker(s) is the real problem. I've rebodied several BLI EMD E series diesels with older lifelike shells to get my preferred liveries with sound.

Reactions: Cycleops

·
Registered
20 Posts
I will say both sound and no sound. Some of my older digital Marklin didn’t come with sound, I don’t plan on upgrading those. The newer ones do come with sound. As someone else said some are to low and some are to loud. W hen I add in the dc/dcc track into the layout I will definitely concentrate on locomotives with sound features.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Maybe a third of my locos have sound. I typically run sound when friends are over, as they all think it’s neat. That being said, by myself, I prefer just the sound of wheels on the track…..☕🍩🇨🇦

21 - 26 of 26 Posts