Model Train Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
They are interesting but I'm not likely to pay even more for one used. But with a successful run of them, one imagines they'll do more.

If I was them I'd double my order and increase the price by half.

Well ok, $10...

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
I’d be willing to bet they will be sold as pre-owed, not used.....probably never left the box.....

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
A second release has apparently been announced.
From an internet source:
"Featuring 199 parts per car, that includes 81 wire parts and 34 brass parts, including the car sidewalls.

Three CSXT roadtypes are available exclusively from Lombard Hobbies. The models, priced at $54.95 per car, will ship beginning August 10th, 2020."

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Is there a picture? As for the hobby. There's definitely a lot more vigor in ho world ... Well what I mean really is a lot more suppliers and variations. But is the hobby expanding at younger end for any scale? That I can't tell. Case in point. I was at the local HS recently and a man and his son were there buying a radio controlled car. Cool stuff for sure. I was browsing very quickly through the ho area and as I walked by I heard the child say something about trains. The father to me said something like "oh yeah we had a that growing up but who wants that stuff... Move along.". Which might have actually been "kid, do you think I'm made out of money?" ... Even so, so many things now it's a wonder trains compete at all I think.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Huh?
They're CSX/rail·gons, with three different patch and paint trims.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
There's a weathering video out for these cars, with a sidewall 'denting' method...
The weathering illustrated is done with powders and water -- no airbrushing involved, and cannot be permanent without a DullCote seal.
The denting part is incredibly involved, damages paint, loosens parts, and I advise against it.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
At a $54.95 MSRP, I'm gonna' go out on a limb, and say it's a great deal...
In fact, if you manage to get them, you should drive home like you stole 'em.
All-brass equivalent models would be at least twice the price.
Painted & lettered Overland brass boxcars are over $300 each.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I went to Lombards website... Nothing.
But the hopper 6-packs are there.
Type "arrowhead models" in the search box.
Who knows when the gons will show up. According to the advance promo, they were only shipped two days ago.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Yep.
Just placed an order for 2 numbers.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Now they're sold out.

·
Registered
384 Posts
They sold out on Arrowheads site and at Lombards. Some shops that sell Arrowhead may have the gondolas still in stock. I pre-ordered a couple of the 1980 GONX versions and am waiting for the shipment to come in; should be any day now.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Wasatch has never indicated to me they've shipped a thing. I'd assumed the order I placed -- a total of 1 items. Would ship "immediately" ... so I'm a little disheartened by this process.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Who is Wasatch? I do know that Arrowhead made it clear they had a batch that they took to Lombards at the announcement for immediate sale. The rest of the run was supposed to arrive about a month later; as you may be aware there is a pandemic going on and Arrowhead updated customers that the main shipment was delayed to about mid-September.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts