Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 71 year old and have started my first layout, always wanted one but ever had the time to do one. The layout is, or will be, based in the north East of England around Newcastle and it will be mostly an engine shed. It's only going to be 3m by 1.4m but that gives me ample room for a shed.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,982 Posts
I'm 71 year old and have started my first layout, always wanted one but ever had the time to do one. The layout is, or will be, based in the north East of England around Newcastle and it will be mostly an engine shed. It's only going to be 3m by 1.4m but that gives me ample room for a shed.
Welcome to the site.
Start a thread on it?

HO?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Welcome to the site.
Start a thread on it?

HO?
Are you in England, or here in the US ? If US, I don't know how much of service we could be unless there are more Brits in this forum than I'd think.
Not to knock MTF, but I'd think there'd be a British train forum with more info than most would have in this forum.
I could be wrong though. :dunno:

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Welcome aboard!

speach;

Welcome to the forum! We do have some British members and people from all over the world, though it's mostly us yanks. Send a photo of your shed when you get it done. The N-scale engine house in the photo is not finished, but far enough along to take a photo. Bye the way, I'm also 71 though this is not my first model railroad, but my seventh. The top photo shows what we call an "engine house" and you call an "engine shed." The second photo shows what we call a shed. :laugh:
again welcome;

Traction Fan :smilie_daumenpos:

Cedar Falls engine house.jpg

Cedar Falls maintainence shed roof up.JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you in England, or here in the US ? If US, I don't know how much of service we could be unless there are more Brits in this forum than I'd think.
Not to knock MTF, but I'd think there'd be a British train forum with more info than most would have in this forum.
I could be wrong though. :dunno:
I'm in Australia but came from the UK originally and my layout will be based in the N.E. of England

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Hello There - This is my first message - Just getting started - Will use H O gauge. Haven't bought track or engine. Suggestions?

jonnycee6;

Welcome to the forum!

How much space do you have to build your HO-scale layout? Do you know what features you would like to have on it?

The files below should help you get started. I suggest reading them before going out and spending your money.

Again welcome;

Traction Fan :smilie_daumenpos:

View attachment WHERE DO I START rev 4.pdf

View attachment 1 How to build a better first layout.pdf

View attachment 2 How to build a better first layout.pdf

View attachment 3 & 4 How to build a better first layout.pdf

View attachment 5 How to build a better first layout.pdf

View attachment 6 How to build a better first layout.pdf

View attachment MODEL RAILROADING ON A BUDGET.pdf

View attachment All AboutTurnouts rev 5.pdf

View attachment Model Railroad Terminology 3.pdf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts