Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought an Ahearn genesis ho union pacific es44ac almost brand new for $175 with Lok sound select. did i get ripped off?
my second question is how many sound functions are there on a Lok sound select decoder

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I have one of those too, the esu. Well I don't really know but it's theoretically programmable with their programmer. So that's a good thing ..

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Loksound Select is re-programmable for a new sound file using the ESU Programmer.

29 sound functions are available.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
if i ever get my hands on one of them programmers I'm definitely putting in an "ah-oo-gah -- ah-oo-gah" sound for one of the horns on something... but that's me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i don't think you can put custom sounds on a select. i think you can only do it on a 4v and 5v

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
It's been on my list to something with ESU for awhile. I have the one select, and hobby shop put in the wrong sound file for prototype, although i rather like it. Still I wouldnt mind fixing it. Then I have a couple of engines that need a DCC sound controller and I was thinking of sucking it up, buying the programmer and you know the 5 or whatever. Still that's a few $$$ I could keep in my pocket for now. But I would like to do it eventually.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so do you think i got ripped off with the train?

i bought an Ahearn genesis ho union pacific es44ac almost brand new for $175 with Lok sound select. did i get ripped off?
my second question is how many sound functions are there on a Lok sound select decoder

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Well I have 2 genesis new -- and I like them. They do not have loksound though and I think in the store I've never seen anything < $200 with esu in it.

so no, i don't see why that's a rip. I mean decoders I think new are about $100 for the good ones or there about... (ok throw in the speaker maybe)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts