Model Train Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
The terminology you use is not familiar to
many of us here on the Forum.

Could this be the 'car' that you refer to?

If not, post a photo of what you have?

Don

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The terminology you use is not familiar to
many of us here on the Forum.

Could this be the 'car' that you refer to?

If not, post a photo of what you have?

Don
Actually it's a set of 4 New Haven silver cars. The Railway Post Office and 2 others are powered and the fourth is a dummy. I'm glad it's just rubber bands. I'll replace them all.
Thank you so much.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
This is off-topic, but...

... if you like RDC's, then you ought to be taking a look at the "Proto 1000" versions of these units.

These are no longer manufactured, but many still available either as used or as "new-old-stock".

ebay is the place to find them.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

... if you like RDC's, then you ought to be taking a look at the "Proto 1000" versions of these units.

These are no longer manufactured, but many still available either as used or as "new-old-stock".

Great tip, J. Albert. 👍 Not off topic at all. We were talking about RDCs.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts

I have one and absolutely no complaints.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I find them a bit tedious to replace. Everyone I've ever seen have zinc trucks, and these are quite brittle, requiring the pilot screws underneath the bogies to be removed to release the wheels. Make sure the bands are both set to revolve in the same direction before fully reassembling the lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts