Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up 4 Atlas engines (1 DCC ready) and 3 other engines for a steal off someone locally from the FB marketplace and I was curious if any Atlas shell could fit on any Atlas chassis? I was going to just try and paint them in the PRR scheme and add graphics but the shells are some of the later model EMD shells from the mid to late 60s and I was hoping to model my layout closer to the 50s so I could have steam locos but was curious if I could just purchase any Atlas shell and it would fit?
Screenshot_20210113-191110.png

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Short answer is no, bodies won’t fit just any chassis....but the bottom 2 in your pic could fit the same chassis; note the fuel tank lengths are the same....the top locomotive has a short fuel tank and 3 axle trucks, so it won’t work with the other two....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Old_Hobo thanks for the reply. I will try and swap the bottom 2 shells as I think they are basically the same. I may have to resort to humping around to some local brick and mortar shops instead of online to find some shells oh shucks!!! :sneaky:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts