Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with atlas code 100#6 left turnouts? I am having a hard time finding any at a reasonable price. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
If $20-23 for a quality doesn't sound "reasonable", then you need to rethink "reasonable". That's what they sell for.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Atlas turnouts new are around 18 bucks. Pecos are probably 23. Shinohara if you can find them are about the same. Here is a link to ebay that should give you a chuckle however it it code 83.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PECO-SL-8352-HO-Code-83-5-LH-Insulfrog-Turnout-LEFT-HAND-DCC-Friendly-NEW/262134626004?epid=1851204830&hash=item3d0870f6d4:g:JlAAAOSw5VFWQEB5:rk:1:pf:1

Edit: Keep in mind that the Atlas turnouts will require some form to hold the points in place, whether it be a manual attachment or a remote, either above or below table. The Pecos have an over_center spring that holds the points tight to the stock rails and a fingure is all you need to move them. Price wise you are ahead with the Pecos and they are a better product.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Cheap, but excellent, turnouts

What's up with atlas code 100#6 left turnouts? I am having a hard time finding any at a reasonable price. Can anyone help?
artp51;

Does $5.oo per turnout sound reasonable enough? They can be code 100 #6 left, or any other size you want.
You can make your own turnouts for that price, but you will need to invest more time. The attached files explain this in detail, along with some info on the various brands of commercial turnouts available. You can also make your own switch machines, again for about $5.oo ea., but without investing much time.

Good luck & have fun;

Traction Fan:smilie_daumenpos:

View attachment How I scratch build turnouts new(8).pdf

View attachment Improving Atlas turnouts pdf version.pdf

View attachment All AboutTurnouts.pdf

View attachment Introductory letter for $5 switch machine.pdf

View attachment Assembly instructions for $5 switch machine..pdf

·
Registered
121 Posts
Atlas turnouts new are around 18 bucks. Pecos are probably 23. Shinohara if you can find them are about the same. Here is a link to ebay that should give you a chuckle however it it code 83.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PECO-SL-8352-HO-Code-83-5-LH-Insulfrog-Turnout-LEFT-HAND-DCC-Friendly-NEW/262134626004?epid=1851204830&hash=item3d0870f6d4:g:JlAAAOSw5VFWQEB5:rk:1:pf:1

Edit: Keep in mind that the Atlas turnouts will require some form to hold the points in place, whether it be a manual attachment or a remote, either above or below table. The Pecos have an over_center spring that holds the points tight to the stock rails and a fingure is all you need to move them. Price wise you are ahead with the Pecos and they are a better product.
I make over-center springs for my Atlas turnouts out of paper clips. See Youtube for tutorials. Extremely easy to do.

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
I make over-center springs for my Atlas turnouts out of paper clips. See Youtube for tutorials. Extremely easy to do.
No argument. But that fixes only one of numerous issues with the Atlas turnouts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts