Model Train Forum banner

Auctions?

602 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Old_Hobo 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if this goes here or at sales. I don't have anything to sell and my wife won't let me sell any of my trains...I know about e-bay, amazon and Etsy. I've run into a site here and there but I would like to know if anyone knows any other auction or sales sites for model trains of all scales. Help please?

#2 ·
Well, you can look here and elsewhere for notices and postings about forthcoming on-line auctions, and check Amazon, ebay, Trainz, and etsy websites, etc. Also it is useful to just google with various combinations of "model train auction" and such. It takes some time and effort to wade through the returns to find the true gems among them, but that is just the way it is . . ,

#4 ·
Craigslist, yep . . . I just sold 50 pieces of lower-end engines & rolling stock that I really didn't want anymore. Be careful though and know what an item's worth because 'vintage' and 'rare' to the non-train folks, often times isn't really worth what they think it's worth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.