Model Train Forum banner
3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  sstlaure 
#1 ·
Hi Everybody.... I am looking for recommendations for specific electronics to run a point to point trolley run, with regular ole DC. My scale maybe HO, O or G.... haven't really decided yet. I have seen some posts here online where there are wiring diagrams to make-your-own but that is just a little past what I am comfortable doing. There are also a bunch of reviews on this and that brand, but everything seems to get picked apart. I would like to buy an "relatively affordable" control that slows a trolley down to a stop at one end, then waits there for an adjustable amount of time, and then slowly start up to go the other way. Any suggestions? Thanks!

#6 ·
You can add resistors to the track so that there is a stepped effect on the amount of voltage received by the train. I.E. use a resistor every 2 inches causing the voltage to gradually increase to full power. Maybe not the best solution but it might work.

I have a no name one and found that using a flywheel engine at low speed it was not that noticeable.

#7 · (Edited)
It you want smooth ,run you engine slower. It would help and step down each track section. Stepping down is tricky a lot of heat is given off in the resistance. There are transformers that have the gradual start and stop. No idea how that works, never seen a circuit for it either. I think you are boarding the Enterprise about now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.