Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
I'm very familiar with the man and his cars; however given the chance to purchase one I personally still like the Chiron. What's 3.5 million? :D:D
I have to laugh when you describe that because of various inventions of his you not only get the horsepower buy also better gas mileage. Anyone who can afford these cars is not worried about mileage. ;)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
And yet there are folks who take his cars, rip them apart and modify them further. Can you say "SEMA"? :laugh:

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
They have as much or more horsepower than railroad Diesel engines!

Do they have a “hi-rail” version yet?

Tom

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Another super interesting auto history lesson. Probably will never see the real deal in my lifetime but all those mega buck exotics are very cool.

Bill

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm very familiar with the man and his cars; however given the chance to purchase one I personally still like the Chiron. What's 3.5 million? :D:D
I have to laugh when you describe that because of various inventions of his you not only get the horsepower buy also better gas mileage. Anyone who can afford these cars is not worried about mileage. ;)
Actually you are in a way. A Chiron gets about 1 mpg at its top speed. I can do 300 mph but it can't do it for even half an hour. Improve that mileage a bit and the fun lasts longer!!

But yes, your point is valid: in that price range the way to make the fun last is just add a bigger gas tank!!. I'm more excited about the mileage aspect from the standpoint of the technology trickling down into "normal" cars like we can afford. The electronic valves in particular would provide a tremendous advantage over modern engines. that transmission is making its way into other cars, and his low-restriction cat converters are already in use in several "normal" cars (okay, normal cars that normally cost a couple of hundred grand, but still . . . ).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts