Model Train Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, 203 mph is certainly enough to get you in to more trouble than you want, so that seems adequate for now!

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Nothing of that caliber anymore. Back in the 60's I had A Chevy 409 and a Chevy 427, they were pretty darn fast for that era.

Bill

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Nothing close to those cars. I had my Chevelle with the L88 427, probably the fastest thing I've ever owned. I'd be scared to death to drive something on land at 300-400 MPH!
My brother had a '71 396 Chevelle SS in fire engine red with white bucket seats - beautiful car. His bud's father owned a garage so lots of after market additions made it onto the car. The Holley carbs pumped like little Texas oil rigs. And they proved to move petrol just s fast every time he needed to fill up.

He traded it to a friend for a 454 Chevelle. But that car was gold with a black bench front seat. I never liked that one despite the increase in HP.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Lee - You asked if we had cars on the layout as powerful as a locomotive, but you didn’t specify what locomotive. I have a few that are as powerful as some of these Plymouths. And one or two with a V12.

Vehicle Locomotive

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vintage car Classic car

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man Oh Man, I love that Daimler Double Six Corsica. My kind of car!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts