Slide3.JPG
Slide4.JPG
Slide5.JPG
Slide6.JPG
Slide7.JPG
Slide8.JPG
Slide9.JPG
Slide10.JPG

Video of the Cadillac running: Its longer wheelbase makes in jump a curb and rub against a tunnel portal (I rounded the corner curb and widened the tunnel entrance after taking this video).

·
Admin
44,195 Posts
You must be spending full time on these cars Lee, every few days you have a new impressive project! You have quite a stable of them now.

I was amused at your comments about the Corvair Greenbrier, we actually had one of those. In a word, it was a pig! When I came home on leave from Navy training schools after boot camp, this was what was available to drive. I was not impressed after owning cars in my teens that would run rings around it. We also had a 1960 Corvair, another slug with the 2-speed slush-o-matic, that was traded for the Greenbrier. I think the Corvair coupe may have been slower than the Greenbrier with the manual shift, if that's possible. :)

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Love the Greenbrier. It might not have been much fun to drive, but like a VW microbus, I’ll bet it was funny to drive. I’ve looked for one for my layout, but have yet to find one I was willing to pay for.

If the Caddy nicked the curb, big rigs are probably going to be a problem in the city. May need to limit them to the country highway when that gets done. I may have missed it, but have you approached Automotion about doing a big rig for you?

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
". . . have you approached Automotion about doing a big rig for you?"

Big rigs are on their radar screen but pretty far off on the horizion. I've' talked with them about it extensively about the design and so issues and we've shared ideas. I'm still a week of so away from trying to make mine, letting some lessons recently learned mature, and some ideas percolate a bit.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Look forward to the news on the big unit conversion. Your progress on this has been interesting to follow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts