Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
You are a bad influence Lee. You’re A,T&B threads have caused me to buy many diecast cars and trucks. Just looking at the slides of a small fraction of your collection made me realize I don’t have any early Corvairs or Greenbriers. I didn’t see DCI Stanhope and her Defender on the detective shelf. On another shelf perhaps?

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are a bad influence Lee. You’re A,T&B threads have caused me to buy many diecast cars and trucks. Just looking at the slides of a small fraction of your collection made me realize I don’t have any early Corvairs or Greenbriers. I didn’t see DCI Stanhope and her Defender on the detective shelf. On another shelf perhaps?
Vera is in the collection with her Defender. There are four of five times as many on the shelves as I showed in the photo. Sometime I'll write about all the detectives and how more pictures. In all I have 55 not 54 cars (just realized I had one more than I counted, since Philip Marlowe is permanently on the layout with his V8 Ford coupe), but a total of 119 figures, mostly because nearly every detective has his partner, and also some of them go back to before cars, and they have only horses, like the Lone Ranger and Tonto, and the Cisco Kidd and Pancho, and Cole Thorton and Mississippi (John Wayne and James Caan in ElDorado).

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, you posted at least three threads on the detectives, but the last one was almost 2 1/2 years ago.
Oh, yes, but I add to it constantly. Vera is fairly recent. Spent today trying to find Nelybelle, but guess I will have to make one from a standard Jeep.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I only have one word for your vehicle collection Lee-------WOW!!! I too believe vehicles are important in establishing the era you are modeling on your layout. Since I am in S gauge I have smaller vehicles and since I'd rather spend money on adding to my train collection, I use die cast vehicles from Johnny Lighting, Ertl, Green Light, Match Box Yesteryear Series Vehicles, and M2 Machines. All are 1/64 in reality. These vehicles come the closest to the 3/16 S gauge size and provide adequate details for me. I have several AHL trucks as well.
You have me curious about this New Ray Vehicle company I must admit.

Kenny

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lee; I'm curious? Do you keep the original boxes and or packaging for your vehicles?
No. I don't have even one of them left. They go out in the trash the day the model arrives.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts