Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
My favorite of all time is the Daimler SP-250 (Oxford Diecast). I’ve posted about it before here. Anything but a plain Jane workaday car, this was a very rare car in the US (or anywhere for that matter). Only about 2500 were made. But my brother had two, my neighbor had one and another friend had one some years later.

The Triumph Herald (White Box) is NOT my new favorite, but it is my favorite NEW diecast car. I just got it from American Excellence. This was also a car you didn’t see very often (in the US). But there was one frequently parked on the street near my grandfather’s house. I thought it looked neat and I still do.

·
Registered
8,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Daimler Sp-250, or Dart as it was called in England. Cool little V-8.

·
Registered
91 Posts
View attachment 545266 View attachment 545267 View attachment 545268 View attachment 545269 View attachment 545270 View attachment 545271
That Brooklin Studebaker is also one of my favorites.
Pickup trucks were used for work and would get hammered This an inexpensive Yat Ming Ford F1
The left front fender and door are different colors to represent replacements from a junk yard. The rest has a rusty haze to represent thinning paint Rust is applied on the wheels, running boards & trim. Then over sprayed a flat finish.
Motor7.jpg

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
My favorite is the 1957 Chevy Nomad, had one in high school in 1965. Sold it when I was drafted, wish I still had it.

Bill

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I also like the 57 Nomad. I have a few of them. Not my favorite diecast (see above), but I like it enough to do a streets conversion (my only one so far).

·
Admin
44,358 Posts
The 41 Ford is from First Responce. Not all cars should look like they just came of the showroom floor. The rust is applied with artist crayons then over sprayed with a flat finish.
Nice job on the rust, that looks very realistic! (y)

·
Registered
8,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is a beautiful job, Richard E, showing a real eye for detail. Looks like you might have owned a rusted old Ford, you got the placement and amounts so realistically done.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It is a beautiful job, Richard E, showing a real eye for detail. Looks like you might have owned a rusted old Ford, you got the placement and amounts so realistically done.
Lee; Here in the northeast salty rust belt, cars from the 1950s were showing rust ate 3 years old. And yes I had a few rust buckets.
My favorite was a 1957 Studebaker President, it had little rust and with a 289 4BBL V8 it was quick. Ever since I've been fond of Studebakers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts