Country roads
Take me home
To the place
I belong
Lee's Layout
Mountain Papa
Take me home
Country roads!

Very well done. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress and the inner loop run, or did I miss that one?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks great! Well done. Have you ever considered adding headlights and taillights to the vehicles? LED or grain of wheat bulbs would be awesome.

Glenn

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, yes, but its not a really high priority since I normall run them during the day. Mostly I would like to add a sound board to the big rigs. Myabe someday.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Well, yes, but its not a really high priority since I normall run them during the day. Mostly I would like to add a sound board to the big rigs. Myabe someday.
Lee, I'm not sure if you a sound solution in mind. Here's what I've been experimenting with:

This sound module: Lots of configuration options but I'm using it in the mode where you can load 8 individual mp3s. There are 8 trigger inputs. Connect any input to ground and the module will play the corresponding mp3. Dip option is (a) play the entire track once triggered or (b) play only while the trigger is held low. The sound is fairly low at 5V, much louder at 12V. You need a 4 ohm speaker. When plugged into a PC USB port, the module appears as media drive. Just drag and drop the MP3s into the memory. MPS are labeled 0001, 0002, ... etc. to correspond to the trigger input. It will not play when connected via USB. It plays when powered by the separate power input.

In conjunction with this wireless 2-channel remote control relay. This also has two options: (a) push and hold to close the corresponding relay or (b) Push to lock relay closed and push again to unlock relay.

I'd like to add this to some prewar tenders with a whistle and bell MP3s. I use program "Audacity" to create/modify my MP3s from original sound files. A very powerful but user intuitive MP3 modification application.

Sound.png Wireless.png

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Job well done Lee! Looks great. I've been following your progress and can see why it was a tedious, long job. The result is worth your efforts.

Kenny

1 - 12 of 12 Posts