Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent three days trawling the internet looking for a source for the front trucks for this locomotive.
I know I can buy a new loco, but I'd rather try to fix this one first, if possible.
Any help out there?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Bachmann used to have a forum, not sure if they still do. There’s a seller called bggameboy on eBay. He has a lot of HO steamer parts. Don’t know how much he has in Bachmann but maybe worth a look.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bachmann used to have a forum, not sure if they still do. There’s a seller called bggameboy on eBay. He has a lot of HO steamer parts. Don’t know how much he has in Bachmann but maybe worth a look.
Thanks....I saw his links, but he doesn't have the part I need.
I just sent an email straight to the company itself.
That 806 is rare. The closest I could find is the 807. Man, that's an expensive rig at about 2 bills. I just hope I can get what I need.
bg has a lot of other parts I need, but I'm going to wait and see if the 806 can be repaired. It runs, but it needs that front truck to keep it steady in the curves.
I will keep you appraised...again, thanks.....Jim

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, repairing is hopeless. The previous owner must have dropped it hard on it's nose. the motor works fine, but the whole drive is totally out of sync and the shell is cracked but can be repaired. The chassis is original, but I'm not so sure the wheels and drive are correct.
Basically, it is either a static display or parts. Static I can do, but I'm open for offers. Trades are always good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is the same locomotive (bolded) I still have the Styrofoam it came in. Tender is included (almost new)
I'm looking for a trade. I'll upload a pic or two in the next post and try to highlite some of the issues, that is if you are interested

·
Registered
890 Posts
I am not interested, was just posting because you said you hadn't found an 806. If you ask me, and if you want another steamer, I would make that guy an offer on the 806. Sometimes you never know what someone is willing to take.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not interested, was just posting because you said you hadn't found an 806. If you ask me, and if you want another steamer, I would make that guy an offer on the 806. Sometimes you never know what someone is willing to take.
Thanks for the heads up.
New, if you can find them, is around $190 and up. At $70, I suspect some issues. I know there are some cornering issues that develop after constant use. I'll probably put it back together and use it as a static display.
I've got my eye on a couple of steamers on ebay.
I thought I'd update my thread.............thanks all for participating

1 - 12 of 12 Posts