Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning, this is just a bit of a rant. Ordered a few parts from them in two separate orders. Second order, no confirmation but card charged. First one arrived, missing items and the motor is locked up (looks like maybe the flywheel is pressed on too far). Is this typical from them, or am I seeing the ramifications of them just opening back up after covid lockdown?

I REALLY hope this isn't typical from them. Sent an email about it, no answer yet.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
508 Posts
Call them direct and ask why...Contrary to lots of modelers beliefs Bachmann makes some great stuff today...At least most their HO Spectrum series locos are exquisitely detailed and run smooooooth... They've gone from near bottom of the barrel to near top of it. Good luck. I'm sure they'll make good on it..Just go easy on them. They get tons of calls a day from disgruntled people.. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.....M

·
Registered
203 Posts
Strange...I've ordered spares from Bachmann plenty of times in the past, and have never had any difficulties.
...Contrary to lots of modelers beliefs Bachmann makes some great stuff today...
Yes, Bachmann has certainly risen up to become one of the better brands out there, nowadays even their standard line is very high quality for the little that you pay.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just thought I would update this in case anyone comes across it later. They ignored all my emails, first phone call ended in me hanging up after an hour and 45 minutes on hold. Second call had me on hold about 25 minutes before they answered. But for all that, they are sending replacements for the missing/faulty pieces in my order with no hesitation. So in the end I'm satisfied. She said since they got back to work a few weeks ago they are completely swamped filling the backlog of orders that were placed while closed. I can understand that. Thankfully they are making it right.

And I'll vouch for the quality. I just bought a standard line E7A and that thing is silky smooth and quiet.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just thought I would update this in case anyone comes across it later. They ignored all my emails, first phone call ended in me hanging up after an hour and 45 minutes on hold. Second call had me on hold about 25 minutes before they answered. But for all that, they are sending replacements for the missing/faulty pieces in my order with no hesitation. So in the end I'm satisfied. She said since they got back to work a few weeks ago they are completely swamped filling the backlog of orders that were placed while closed. I can understand that. Thankfully they are making it right.

And I'll vouch for the quality. I just bought a standard line E7A and that thing is silky smooth and quiet.

Good news!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts