Model Train Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 4-8-4 that was out of the 80’s I got it from my grandma back in the day for a birthday present.
It stopped working long ago. I just got it out & was going through it. It is the standard problem with these a broken drive gear. My question is will bachmann still do the warranty if I send it in with $35 bucks?? I don’t suppose they will fix it , maybe replace it?? Or have they stopped that ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
They do have a 800 number. It wouldn’t hurt to call and ask them directly. You are the orinial owner, so that should count for something...

800-356-3910

Tom

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
That's a good suggestion to phone for info.......its long out of warranty obviously, but if Bachmann can't, or won't help, there must be somewhere you could get it repaired......I don't suppose you have a local hobby shop/train store close by, do you?

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I think Bachmann has a lifetime warranty for the original owner. But who knows for sure unless you ask them I guess...

Tom

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
This is from the Bachmann site, but then again there is probably fine print somewhere to invalidate any claim...

Warranty Information

Effective 7-1-2019. Prices subject to change.

This warranty is valid for ORIGINAL PRODUCT OWNERS ONLY in the US and CANADA. This warranty does not apply to any other persons or locations.

Bachmann's Lifetime Limited Warranty covers motorized motive power units only. Under the warranty, Bachmann can decide whether to repair or replace an item at their discretion.Items less than a year old are fully covered and will be serviced or replaced at no charge when accompanied with registration card and proof of purchase.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They do have a 800 number. It wouldn’t hurt to call and ask them directly. You are the orinial owner, so that should count for something...

800-356-3910

Tom
Thanks I will give them a call. I was going to send a email to ask as well. I would be the original owner , but at 10 years old I don’t think I thought to keep my warranty card lol!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Please post their response. I'm interested in hearing what they tell you about this warranty after ten years with no proof of original purchase.

I'm sure they hear from people every day with no proof of purchase.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please post their response. I'm interested in hearing what they tell you about this warranty after ten years with no proof of original purchase.

I'm sure they hear from people every day with no proof of purchase.
It’s been longer than 10 years. I was 10 year old! Lol I’m 42 now! It a bit over 30 years old! Lol I would be ok if I could buy gears off them! I just don’t see them having the parts anymore.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I had Bachmann N gauge locomotives 40+ years ago! I remember the brass gearing. The stuff ran well until some ballast would get sucked up into the open gears on the bottom of the trucks.

Still, they were great engines for the time. They seemed much more affordable than Atlas or Con-Cor at the time.

Even their HO stuff was good back then. The price range of their locomotives was just right for a kid breaking into the hobby....

Tom

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Bachmann Big Hauler Large Scale lineup has or had a lifetime warranty...but now it's say send us your Mogul with stripped drivetrain gears along with $90 and we'll warranty it for you.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I talked with bachmann about my drive gears ... no luck & they are not shipping or , allowing any orders at this time due to covid19.... uhhh!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts