Model Train Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thomas will always have a spur on our layout! Lol honestly I use him to clean the track with my track cleaning car. He pulls it nicely & my daughter loves that Thomas is “working”!! Ha ha ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who could ever hate on Thomas? I kind of want to get one of the Bachmanns for myself 😂

·
Registered
460 Posts
Who could ever hate on Thomas? I kind of want to get one of the Bachmanns for myself
You won’t be sorry! Lol at one time I had 3 Thomas engines. I got them cheap cleaned them up refreshed the grease in them & gave them as birthday gifts to my nephews. They loved them!
I am glad my daughter likes trains. Gave me a excuse to keep one! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
I installed a TCS KAM4 DCC decoder with Keep Alive in a Percy. Also wired an LED into the headlight and installed a Kadee #18 NEM coupler. Drilled a hole in the coupler's shank and attached it using the original Bachmann mounting screw. Ends up at correct height and allows original coupler to be reinstalled if desired.

Visitors (and not just kids) get a kick out of him at train club open houses as he does his job pulling a track cleaning car.

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
Who could ever hate on Thomas? I kind of want to get one of the Bachmanns for myself 😂
An eight year old boy, who is suddenly concerned with the fact that "Thomas is for babies"... He's now 17, but hasn't changed his mind yet.

Or a 56 year old man who has worked at too many "Day Out with Thomas" events and really doesn't want to be reminded of it...

Just for two examples! :D

Reactions: The USRA Guy

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
An eight year old boy, who is suddenly concerned with the fact that "Thomas is for babies"... He's now 17, but hasn't changed his mind yet.

Or a 56 year old man who has worked at too many "Day Out with Thomas" events and really doesn't want to be reminded of it...

Just for two examples! :D
😂

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
He does his job pulling a track cleaning car.
👍Yeah, thats probably what I will adapt the Douglas I ordered to do. I also ordered one of the little yellow twins (what are their names?) I was curious to see how it would perform, having such a tiny wheelbase.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
What I'd really like is Gordon saying his signature "oh the indignity... " We do have Gordon. All the fake rods and control arms are long gone. The little bogie wheels under the cab met a similar fate, although I have some of pieces. The tender is lost. But it does run.
As for a DCC decoder and speaker. Maybe stuffed into the tender... But to get the saying it's surely have to a esu. Using their programmer i believe it would be possible to make that sound clip.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
What I'd really like is Gordon saying his signature "oh the indignity... " We do have Gordon. All the fake rods and control arms are long gone. The little bogie wheels under the cab met a similar fate, although I have some of pieces. The tender is lost. But it does run.
As for a DCC decoder and speaker. Maybe stuffed into the tender... But to get the saying it's surely have to a esu. Using their programmer i believe it would be possible to make that sound clip.
If your interested, you could definetly coax this guy down to a much lower price. Restoration and modification could be a fun project😀
Bachmann HO Scale Thomas & Friends #4 Gordon Tender only | eBay

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Nice collection Hobo👍. IMO detail-wise, Percy is superb (better than Bachmanns, actually), Thomas and James are alright as well, Henry and Gordon are fine except that their tenders don't have a black underframe like James' (why???), Edward looks odd though.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Those look good. Basically if I can keep this kind of thing from just getting destroyed again, I'll eventually pick some pieces up.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts