Model Train Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,526 Posts
I think the ladders and grab-bars look great on the tender, nice job. :)
Me too, nice job.:thumbsup:

tj, why don't you sell the O/27 stuff (track/switches) and get some O gauge. You wouldn't need but a few switches they you can run them around a little.
Wouldn't cost that much.
All trains should get a little run time.

You could even get some manual switches to save $$.

·
Registered
226 Posts
BEE-U-TIFFLE!

Something magical about the bright colors and copper/brass trim on the old tinplate stuff.

Now I have this compelling urge to paint something red! :D

·
16,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Thanks for the nice comments, guys ... much appreciated. I've helped breathe some new life into these old trains ... they'll make me happy for a while, and then (hopefully), they'll be passed on to some future generations.

Ed, no room (as of yet) for an O setup ... my little layout board is 30" deep, as dictated by an entry door to the room. I might move the HO into another part of the basement at some point, freeing up more room for O. We'll see ...

And, just for fun, I plopped my Lionel prewar 259/258/258 fleet next to each other last night ... Spike the Junkyard Dog, Elvis, and Big Red ...

Cheers,

TJ

Attachments

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,526 Posts
Red, Blue & black?

You should paint one white.:p Red/white/blue.:D:thumbsup:

Nice tj, now make room for a 4x8 and toss the o/27 (sell) so we can see them running around. They were made to use.

An oval under the tree would look nice for the holidays. 2 ovals better.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
What type of drawbar is that on the tender? I am trying to turn a Scout Tender into a Tender for the 258, so I need prewar trucks with a drawbar and probably a box coupler or lactch coupler. It will pull some prewar passenger cars with latch couplers. Can the box couplers connect to the latch couplers?

Thanks
Scott

81 - 97 of 97 Posts