Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you probably know I recently insulated my basement. "Lehigh74 (Bob) recommended backdrops that he found on Amazon and I ordered 2 of them. 4' x 53'. They came today and I stuck a piece up to see what it would look like and before everyone jumps on me I realize it's side ways. It was just put up temporarily.
Thanks Bob.
IMG_1468.jpg
IMG_1467.jpg
IMG_1469.jpg

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Can you compare the thickness to some known paper product?

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
The cloud paper is different than the one I got (Wispy Clouds). Mine has clouds on the top few feet fading to solid light blue on the bottom. The clouds and the mountains should look good once they are up. I would suggest getting some help and don't try to put too long of a piece up at one time (maybe 10' max). Otherwise you tend to wrinkle or tear it.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I have these. I have the cloud, the grand tetons one also. I also have some solid color ones. i bought them for crafts but also as a backdrop. i like the mountains one. the clouds don't blend in with the blue sky on the tetons which was an idea i had. i guess in the end, i like them as a inexpensive solution that maybe one day i'll replace with an expensive or more expensive one. it helps also that i don't feel too bad when i put a rip in one or not. i also bought the large roll online. the others at craft stores. i found the company online that makes these. not an easy site to nav. here are the ones that are not just solid colors.

i kinda like the "summer horizon" but do not have it. it appears to me they are not producing the mountain one right now. i suspect they change it up from time to time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts