Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've spent some time looking at older postings on backdrops. Some great information and I've bookmarked several potential suppliers.

For practical (and patriotic) reasons, does anyone know any Canadian suppliers of backdrops? I'm interested in city backgrounds, and one of Montreal would be great to find.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
If you can’t find any suppliers, you might consider making your own. If you aren’t handy with a camera, you can probably find a Montreal picture from one of the stock photo companies that are on the web. You can then crop it to your required aspect ratio and have it printed at your local sign shop. The sign shop should have a vinyl material with a self adhesive back that they can print a full color image onto. That’s what I did for a canyon scene I needed a background for and it turned very well.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
For something that specific, you might want to look for a company that will custom make a backdrop from a photo or series of photos supplied by you. There used to be a few companies that would do this. Not sure where they were located. You can also splice your own on a computer using photo editing software.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone. Some good ideas. I may wait until the Spring and try this myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts