Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit on 09-28-20 The problem with my new Black Bonnet 3751 Bluetooth-Legacy Santa Fe Northern turned out to be hardware, either a bad Legacy board or one that is not seated properly in its connector. With the Blue-tooth Legacy electronics, the six rapid blinks are still an indication that there is "a hardware problem," as they were with the earlier Legacy generation of boards.

A special thanks to Pat at Pat's Trains who answered my e-mail off hours on a Sunday and helped me out, and is sending me the replacement loco this morning, even before he receives this loco, which I am sending back via UPS in three or four hours..

I removed the video link and text. Problem is solved.

I should get the new loco on Wednesday and will post a review of it next Tuesday. I will say based on my experience with this first one it is a stunningly beautiful loco, a contender for "most gorgeous" among the 135 or so locos I have.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Can't help here. Rumors were Lionel would be upgrading their electronics to do more and allow control using Lionchief as well as Legacy. The flashing headlight instead of the cab light might an indication this engine has the newest electronics. If the manual is not in a sealed bag it may be worth checking it out. It won't be able to be resold as new in any event should you decide to return it.

Pete

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. The six blinks definately mean it is a bad board. I talked with Pat at Pat's Trains and he is going to replace it. I'll post pics of the new one when it arrives. It is a truly gorgeous loco.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts