Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a project I am doing and I needed a strong construction adhesive. Found some Loctite PL 3X at Amazon for a good price. Well, buyer beware! The stuff they shipped to me is ROCK HARD, and appears as to have been in water at some time and dropped from a roof. From what I can decipher, these tubes may have been made in 2001 making them 19 years past the expected shelf life.

So, I requested return, and Amazon complied, but I made another mistake by requesting replacements. I will probably will end up shipping back the replacements if they look anything like my first batch.

BEFC52EF-3D04-4F9D-B6CC-44B0FB1683EE_1_201_a.jpeg
7CD16D88-72FF-47D8-B2E7-F25E45C5D266_1_201_a.jpeg

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
There are just some things that you can’t buy on-line with any confidence.....the saddest part is that they gladly take your money for product like that that no one should be selling.....but they get away with it because its sight unseen.....sure they give you the chance for return and/or exchange, but to me that’s a pain that doesn’t need to be suffered....

Nothing like being able to see something in person before you buy it......

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I usually only get stuff at Amazon if I can’t find it locally. Why wouldn’t you get something like that at your local big box or hardware store? The only reason I can think of is that there have might been a long line to get in like I’ve seen lately at my local HD.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I usually only get stuff at Amazon if I can’t find it locally. Why wouldn’t you get something like that at your local big box or hardware store? The only reason I can think of is that there have might been a long line to get in like I’ve seen lately at my local HD.
Just now, it's a combination of self isolation and laziness. That said, it's really not an excuse 'cause now I've got to return the Amazon purchase and probably go to HD or Lowes anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts