Model Train Forum banner

21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Looks pretty far along, advanced for a beginner. Lots of room for a nice layout, looks good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still see myself as a beginner. I am always learning something new with this layout!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
847 Posts
You could say I am into comics!lol
I don't have a huge collection, but I do have a few. IronMan would be my favorite. I have maybe 60 comics of his.
Here lately I have done most of my comic readings on my phone, or iPad. So I don't really have a paper collection of the new stuff. Truthfully I'm not sure I would collect any of marvels new stuff lol!

I am not into new stuff either, started out in 79 attempting to regain what I had as a kid in the early to late 60's.
Once the superhero runs were completed (to where I wanted them) I decided to go backwards and I moved onto Atlas/Marvel Pre-Hero Horror/Western Books.

Unfortunately I do not have the first appearance of Iron Man from Tales Of Suspense 39 (out of my price range) but I do have all other issues of TOS featuring Iron Man (TOS 40-99, shared the title with Cap starting with issue #59).
The TOS title ended in 1968 when Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Sub-Mariner and Silver Surfer all got their own titles.

My bedroom looks like a toy store from all of the action figures/Marvel memorabilia.

Enjoy Both Hobbies!!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Just some morning pics on the rail. Finished up my buildings. I'm loving the navy blue with white for my layout.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
A nice little update. I put on my Santa Fe freight lines to run a bit. I have my switches wired in on my 2nd track. I still am working on the yard wiring.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks guys!!
As of late last night I have found out that I will be moving my layout to a new room in the house.
This means bigger & maybe better

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

So here is the layout now after the move. This would be just a rough draft. I plan on putting down foam board for the actual layout. Still thinking on adding a grade to have a different level. Hmmmmm

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

So here is the layout now after the move. This would be just a rough draft. I plan on putting down foam board for the actual layout. Still thinking on adding a grade to have a different level. Hmmmmm

I wish you luck with all that EZ track!

Mine was nothing but de-rail city. mostly peco now, aside form ONE atlas switch that is trouble free for some reason, the rest got replaced

You're gonna need more shelves lol, its an addiction for sure..

i see some red and silver! :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I have had the ez track for a few years now. I don't usually have a lot of issues with it. Every now & then I have a car give me problems. Most of the time it is the cars issue ( coupler height, wheels spacing, or just bad trucks)
I have only had one loco not like the switches & that was the bachmann berkshire I have! Lmao! Go figure?!?
As far as the red & silver goes I always have a soft spot for the war bonnets

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have had the ez track for a few years now. I don't usually have a lot of issues with it. Every now & then I have a car give me problems. Most of the time it is the cars issue ( coupler height, wheels spacing, or just bad trucks)
I have only had one loco not like the switches & that was the bachmann berkshire I have! Lmao! Go figure?!?
As far as the red & silver goes I always have a soft spot for the war bonnets

well im glad its working for somebody. the track is fine, but the switches always gave me a headache.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Neat! Hope to see more progress in the near future. I have a soft spot for layouts that use EZ Track, as I always have been a big fan of it. Love the shelves of locomotives as well!

-J.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Neat! Hope to see more progress in the near future. I have a soft spot for layouts that use EZ Track, as I always have been a big fan of it. Love the shelves of locomotives as well!

-J.

I always use ez track. I like how when I want to move , or change it. I just pop off the hot glue I use and unsnap the track. Yes it does sometimes give me a bit of attitude. I have discovered most of the time it is the car, or locos issue.
I have already said it. I really only have problems out of one loco on the ez track & it's the bachmann steamer lol!!

·
Registered
802 Posts
I always use ez track. I like how when I want to move , or change it. I just pop off the hot glue I use and unsnap the track. Yes it does sometimes give me a bit of attitude. I have discovered most of the time it is the car, or locos issue.
I have already said it. I really only have problems out of one loco on the ez track & it's the bachmann steamer lol!!
I hear that. I just had to replace a couple sections of track on my own layout. If it had been anything but EZ Track, it would have been painful to fix. But, as it is, I just gently pulled apart the sections of track after moving a couple structures and some road out of the way, put the new ones in, and voila. Less than 10 minutes of work to get everything fixed!

-J.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Just a short video of a few trains running. I have to admit the ez track surprised me a bit. I just click it together & laid it down. It's not glued down , or nothing. Plugged it in & away they went.

21 - 40 of 105 Posts