Model Train Forum banner

41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Based on reviews I used Unitrack and I'm totally happy with it. In my research there were knocks for steel ez track but most seemed happy with the nickel silver.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I have used both. The steel is ok if you use it just once in awhile then store it. I do that with my Christmas track I have. It's the steel ez track. I clean it good when I set it up. After the holidays I wipe it down with ATF to store it for next time.
My nickel silver track is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
984 Posts
IronManStark, I think you do need some elevation. I would do the track nearest the window for starters. Nice layout, and the little one sure is enjoying it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
So I have been able to lay down some foam board. I added some elevation to it with a bridge & a tunnel. Not as big as some of my other layouts. I don’t get to run a bunch of trains at one time , but it is a lot less to worry about.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thank you. I wish I had room for it to hook around in a L shape. That way I could put in a train yard. Unfortunately this is the only room I have.
Listen to me complaining!..... lol!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So I have been working on my final design for my layout. It is a single main line. Two stages of elevation. Tunnels with bridges & a water feature.... not sure if I will do a running feature yet. It is a winter setting. Trying my hand at landscaping.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

So here is a little more work done today! I like how it it turning out.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

Well! My layout is going fairly smooth!!
Did some lights tonight. I want to add some more buildings, and roads/ drivers. The trains run ok. I need to spend some time cleaning the wheels & lubing them up. They have set on a shelf for 3 years now.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Thank you sir!! It has been a bit since I have had time to do this. I am enjoying it!! My daughter is helping me this time around. We are having a blast!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Thanks bud!!! I hope to have a video up later. I have been cleaning my locomotives ! Can’t wait to put on some cars!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
So here is a video of the latest! The track is almost 100%! I have a few spots that my steamers want to jump a wheel up , or a trailing truck will pop off track. For the most part it is all running! About 5-6 heavyweight pullmans is all my trains can pull up the grades .... for now! lol
They are only a 2% grade. I’m sure a little bullfrog snit will help

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Not sure if anyone is really watching this build , or not. However I do have a update .... I got 2 signal towers wired in today!! & with the track all sorted out we have been running trains on it every night now! Last night was time with Thomas ! My daughter loved it!! Lol

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Don’t mind the foam. I plan on doing some more landscaping & detail when done wiring up all my lights! Lol

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Very nice layout. I'd love to do a snow scene, and I may yet on the branch line which is a little higher up than the main lines.

I love signals too.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Thanks bud! I have a few more buildings to put on this weekend! I can’t wait!

41 - 60 of 105 Posts