Model Train Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
big boy 4014 got off to a late start today but did make it to Sidney Ne for the first leg of the summer trip.

looked good from the videos posted on facebook

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thursday July 18th, BigBoy 4014 pulled into the St. Paul Union Depot. I was there and took some pix. Magnificent comes to mind. If you get a chance to view it, do so.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Excellent pics, thank you for those. Man, that linkage is hefty stuff! A Lot of force exerted through them!

·
Registered
183 Posts
It was fun to see 4014 up close (along with a couple thousand others). I got the tip from a 'S' gauge Forum member. I just wish I could've made it out for the 150th Aniversary back in May. I put a link to this thread there (S).

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Nice pics , thanks for showing. She is a beast. I remember when it was all talk of getting a Big Boy running. It is something I have wanted for many years. Hope to see 4014 someday.

Now how am I going to get that 4014 drum head for the train room?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thanx for posting that video. It would've been fun to see it on the move. Or be a hobo on it.

I spent a couple of hours walking around it and listening to all the support staff. Priceless!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Had to look it up, found a couple of 'YouTube' videos on VL-BB.
Impressive but way out of my price range.

I was remembering 'VL-BB' as a model of BobSled's from the last winter Olympics.

"I have a long term problem with my short term memory..."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts