Model Train Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I went last year. I would say it's a Timonium show, 5 times bigger. The 5 times bigger only means 5 times as many used stuff sellers, mostly all selling the same old musty stuff; Lionel 027 sectional track and rolling stock, HO brass track and number 4 turnouts, tons of Tyco rolling stock and rail enthusiast apparel, i.e. T-shirts, hats and coffee cups. True, the big manufacturers are mostly all there, but they aren't selling anything. Just showin what they have planned for production later in the year.
Lots of long distance walking and cold.
I don't think I'll be going this year. Actually, I know I won't be going.
I'll be at the Timonium show the following weekend though with my modules.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
We're in. Looks like a break in the weather with little or no chance for big snow. BTW I thought their pre registration system was odd.
Pre register for 15 bucks plus a 1 buck service fee and then stop to get your wristband at the door or just pay 15 bucks at the door and get your wristband. Why would anyone pre register with that deal?

Pete

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
We're in. Looks like a break in the weather with little or no chance for big snow. BTW I thought their pre registration system was odd.
Pre register for 15 bucks plus a 1 buck service fee and then stop to get your wristband at the door or just pay 15 bucks at the door and get your wristband. Why would anyone pre register with that deal?

Pete
Seems like you would get a couple bucks off for pre registering, WGH was $4 off for pre register. Is there a long line at the pay & enter.

Bill

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Seems like you would get a couple bucks off for pre registering, WGH was $4 off for pre register. Is there a long line at the pay & enter.

Bill
There can be a long line and if pre registering would let you walk right in like it does at York, it would be worth a buck but if you still have to stand in line to get a wrist band, why bother?

Pete

·
Admin
44,017 Posts
Get Hemings to do the show like York and make a weekend out of it.
Sure, I can just waltz in there and demand they spend a ton of money to setup a multi-day show 300+ miles away. That should be no problem...

Nothing is so easy as the job you imagine someone else doing!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Sure, I can just waltz in there and demand they spend a ton of money to setup a multi-day show 300+ miles away. That should be no problem...

Nothing is so easy as the job you imagine someone else doing!
Hey others do it for York. Come on Eddie drives over eight hours to York from Maine. If he can do it so can you. :smilie_auslachen:

·
Admin
44,017 Posts
Gary, it takes a bunch of people to support a large modular display, so a multi-day event is a big deal for most. We might do York at some point, but that's a 2 hour drive for me, and I'm already going to be at the meet. It's easy for you guys that live 20 minutes away, in that case I'd probably go to the show as well.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Gary, it takes a bunch of people to support a large modular display, so a multi-day event is a big deal for most. We might do York at some point, but that's a 2 hour drive for me, and I'm already going to be at the meet. It's easy for you guys that live 20 minutes away, in that case I'd probably go to the show as well.
Calm down calm down, I was joking:D:eek: this year I hope to take pics/videos it will be like being there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts