Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a blank screen , nothing else, zip, nada ...
tried a half dozen times in the last fifteen minutes .. same result ..
i can finally get on now ...
what's going on??

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Don't know, I was able to log in with no problems. Could be anything, issues with your service provider, high load on your local network, your machine is overloaded (whatever you're using, laptop, PC, etc.) Without additional information, there's not much to go on.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my question was directed more towards an technical admin [above grj] than a simple user ... i was wondering if they were also doing some upgrades at this time ...a non-responsive forum software or even the server itself -could- account for the blank screen ... i actually logged into some other forums at this time, so i doubt it was a network or internet problem ??

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
I just don’t know why it should matter to you so much......not much you can do about it after the fact, and it’s working fine for you now, so what’s the problem?

Unless you really have to know, but I doubt very much if you’ll ever find the reason now.....so just enjoy the forum.....

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes, i suppose i'm being picky .. i do expect 100 %% uptime, but i have to realize that it's free to use ... so they do what they can, when they can ....
just to keep this crappy software running, and yes, i do realize that there is no way that i can find out the reason .. so yes, i will enjoy this free forum ..

·
Registered
9,897 Posts
Granted, we've all become so used to the internet's permanent presence that it's common to get annoyed when it doesn't respond as we'd like it to. But the fact is, all servers hiccup from time to time, but long outages (more than an hour or two) are exceptionally rare. The more critical the site (and like it or not, this site is NOT critical), the more redundancies are built in. How often is your bank down, and for how long?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i still remember the modem bill i got the one time before the internet came here ... was a definite shocker at the time, don't remember if i had a standard 300 baud or the 'updated' 1200 baud, lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts