Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When did BLI stop including a crew? Just purchased a 2-8-2 and there is no body to run it. Bachmann Spectrum includes a crew.
Disappointed.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
You'd better check the Bachmann website. The Spectrum line of locomotives is being phased out IMHO. Their 2-8-2 seems to be missing a crew, must have put them in the diesel engines just like the prototype:eek:

And I was almost finished learning the PLUS SPECTRUM differences :mad:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
….and if you check You Tube, there have been a few pilotless air planes.....but not a good thing.

The Bachmann 2-8-0 does come with a crew and a deck plate between the engine and the tender...for some reason the deck plate seems as important as a crew to me. Maybe by leaving out the crew BLI is hoping to attain Bachmann quality. But their engines pull to well for that. :p

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
A crew in the cab is a personal thing, much like many things in this hobby....I would rather not have one, but some may....

This would make a great poll.....do you prefer a crew in the cab or not?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I would rather have the crew, or else the interior of the cab should be occluded somehow, a curtain, a drawn window, something. I know it's hard to see the interior of a diesel as it passes by due to the colourful diffraction pattern of the oil film usually present on the glass, but who doesn't notice the hogger when a steamer goes by?

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
I wish I could buy crew figures in bulk.
In HO, there are sets of up to a dozen available.

Or you could invest in a 3D printer, whip up your own (easier said than done, but there are software tools especially for it) and print an unlimited supply at a very small cost per unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts