Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought this engine and after breaking it in and making some track adjustments I wanted to add the start and stop whistle signal by adjusting CV227 to 6 from value 2 which is no signal. I used my NCE Powercab on the programming track and the result was that the engine went completely dead. I checked the power and got 14.2 volts but no response at all. I then set CV8 to8 and reset and was able to wake the engine on address 3. I reset the address to 1460 and the engine worked. So I tried the CV227 again and the same result. Any idea what to do? I didn't try progamming on the main until I hear from this forum. Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Does it say in the decoder manual if there are any pre-requisite settings that must be made before adjusting 227?

Some decoders require another setting be changed or checked before an adjustment to another can be made. ESU has a few like this.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good thought I will reread the manual. I also have a BLI SW7 switcher which works the way I want with the signals. I will have to check to see if the CV is the same and how I did it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I was wondering if you had "Rebooted" the loco. The one I have if I change a setting like that it will not take until I take power away (I unhook the line from the hand set) for about 30 secs then plug it back in. It may work for you and then.....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read the manual and there was nothing about prior steps to be taken re CV227. Anyway I decided to try programming on the Main and that did it. It worked. I guess any other changes I will just use POM. It was annoying but now it works. Thanks for the replies. Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts