Model Train Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a BLI paragon2 Dreyfuss Hudson (DCC) at a train show, it is hard to find and it was a steal, but sadly that seemed to reflect in the engine's running ability, it seems mint otherwise , but upon placing it on the track (DC) and turning on the power, all i hear is a repetitive clicking sound from under the shell, and after a few seconds, the sound and lights turn on, but the locomotive will not move. The engine is dual mode DC/DCC compatible

There seems to be no pickup issues, and no issue i can tell with the harness from the tender, so the clicking leads me to believe the motor is not working right or something is up with the mechanism itself, but not the electrical pickup, any suggestions? It's such a lovely and rare engine and i want to add it to my running fleet more than anything

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
If the clicking is not related to the sound system (does the whistle sound?), the problem might be in the gear tower. BLI will repair the locomotive for about $40 (they did six years ago, maybe it has gone up). Contact them, ask for a repair, and if they agree, they'll tell you the terms. Then, it's up to you.

I have sent in at least four steamers for repairs over the years, and while the wait might seem long (3 months by now?), you'll get it back in good order.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts