Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Normally I have a good idea of the locos or pieces of rolling stock I want to aquire by doing some research prior to getting them. I also have had great success with Ebay in expanding my collection but rarely stumble upon a piece that I was not aware of as was the case with this gem below.
I never heard of Bluford Shops until thier CSX Short Body Bay Window Caboose came up in a random search on the internet which took to me to an Ebay seller offering this caboose in "New" condition. It was the only one in the CSX logo I could find. Other online retailers were sold out of this specific model.

Saying the quality of this caboose is exceptionl is an understatement....see the following pix and if you can grab one for your MRR I suggest you snag it quicky....

·
Premium Member
4,021 Posts
BS models are very nice, with good detail.
Some of their transfer caboose models even have truck-mounted generators, which I believe no one else has.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Interesting. A transfer caboose.

A transfer caboose looks more like a flat car with a shed bolted to the middle of it than it does a standard caboose. It is used in transfer service between rail yards or short switching runs, and as such, lacks sleeping, cooking or restroom facilities. The ends of a transfer caboose are left open, with safety railings surrounding the area between the crew compartment and the end of the car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"It is used in transfer service between rail yards or short switching runs, and as such, lacks sleeping, cooking or restroom facilities."

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Just picked one up from flea-bay. It's pushing the limits of my time period, but it's unique so...

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Postman finally dropped it off. Very nice.

Flipped it over and on the trucks it says "Atlas".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts