Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a starter set 81864 and they say in the listing use extension sets 8192 or 8193, 8194. What do extension sets do? Do they just give you track or do they tell you instructions telling you what it will make with this set. I just don't want to buy track without knowing what it will make. Anyone use extension sets before? Thanks Ron

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like no one ever replied. I also have the 81864 - so you got 20 straight sections and 12 curved with the set. All the 8192, etc, extension sets do are add track. The reason they recommend them is the simply allow adding more track length, turnouts, etc, with no waste or extra track left over. No biggie. You can simply by more track and customize your own layout.

Chuck

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your right. If you want to make up the setup that the extension set shows your good every bit is used. I bought the 8192 and 8193 I did not buy the 8194 as I think thats mainly in the big set. Makes a nice set that can run 2 trains in opposite directions if insulators are added. I also made a figure 8 in the middle that is on a different transformer. Ron

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts