Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Karl Osolinski, 74 years old, married for 46 years and lived in Detroit and Berkley, Michigan for all my years. I've been modeling stuff since I was about 10-12 years old and still enjoy building models. I just found this forum yesterday so I'm a newbie! I'll try to post a few photos of my scratch-built stuff...

Karl O
Berkley, MI

Attachments

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
Welcome to the site.

All that is scratch built?
Very nice. 1/87 scale? :smilie_daumenpos:

You have to start some how I did it threads.:):thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Newbie?!

Hello,

My name is Karl Osolinski, 74 years old, married for 46 years and lived in Detroit and Berkley, Michigan for all my years. I've been modeling stuff since I was about 10-12 years old and still enjoy building models. I just found this forum yesterday so I'm a newbie! I'll try to post a few photos of my scratch-built stuff...

Karl O
Berkley, MI
Karl O;

You may be new to this forum, but those structures were not built by a newbie! They look like the work of a master craftsman to me! Welcome to the forum! With your experience and skill you may be a great help to some real newbies.

Traction Fan:smilie_daumenpos:

C

·
0 Posts
Welcome aboard Karl. Your models are fabulous. What scale are they?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the site.

All that is scratch built?
Very nice. 1/87 scale? :smilie_daumenpos:

You have to start some how I did it threads.:):thumbsup:
Hi Big Ed,

Yes, all the structures in those three photos are scratch builds in HO scale. The first photo is part of a large diorama that started life as just three cruddy old brick tenement buildings and now has over twenty structures in the proposed scene. All but three of the structures are scratch built except for a FOS kit and two Downtown Deco kits. This shot is just a test of how I might want to set the thing up but I'm not happy with it - needs more work.

Cheers,

Karl O.
Berkley, MI

Attachments

C

·
0 Posts
Nice work Karl. Those boxcars look like they've been overloaded too many times.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
That's very nice work Karl. That's a lot to be proud of. I'd love to see a video of your layout in operation. You probably couldn't tell it from real-life.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New guy...

Hi fellas,

I think I should clarify what I do in model railroading since I don't feel my joining this forum will be of much use for you folks. I don't have a layout, don't run trains, have no idea of what DCC is all about, don't understand operations and don't have any interest in modeling prototype subjects - trains or locales. All I do is make structures and dioramas (for myself and others) and don't have much to offer after that. Sorry if I mislead anyone.

Karl Osolinski
Berkley, MI

Attachments

·
Registered
890 Posts
IMPOSTOR!

Kidding. I don't think it matters. I see a train in one of your pics, and you do modeling, so I think it counts.

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
Karl

You are in the right place. Model making is a major
part of our Hobby and you are a talented master of
that art. You don't have to run trains to be a part
of the hobby. Many of our members enjoy the creation
of scratch built buildings, bridges and other scenic
effects. Your work posted here will most certainly
be inspirational for them.

Stay with us and post more of those fantastic
scenes.

Don

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Hello,

Can't seem to get a post to work...trying again. I guess moderator approval needed and the post never showed up so I'm giving it another shot? Sent PM's but no replies so I must be doing something wrong?

Karl Osolinski

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Welcome to the forum Karl. That is some seriously nice work. I live in South Haven, MI.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts