Model Train Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at a Model Railroad shop in Monroe, Wisconsin and owner showed us his layout. He had a bridge collapse scene. It gave me an idea for a corner area on my own layout. The following photo is the result.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
Very clever scene in a space where you can't do much
else.

It's imaginative creativity like this that make our
layouts fun.

Don

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Nice job. It looks realistic.

If you don't mind a suggestion, and could stand to not have an oil slick on the water, get a small jar of Mod Podge craft acrylic from Wally's crafts section and stipple some of it on the top of your glassy water. When it dries, it will dry clear and it will look like naturally rippled water surfaces.

If you'd like to do this, you'll need the 'gloss' Mod Podge, and a disposable foam brush about an inch across. You pour on a thin layer, spread it around well, turn the applicator onto its flat side, and tap it along the spread layer. It will look rippled when it dries.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
That really is a great way to fill up that corner that you couldn't think of anything else for!
It doesn't take much work to accomplish, and everyone has a few "beater" cars laying around.
And it doesn't tie up any mainline or even spur space.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Agree with the others, great use of otherwise wasted space. I enjoy little scenes like this, keeps the layout interesting to look at. Great conversation piece as well, especially if you invent a story to go with it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I stopped at a Model Railroad shop in Monroe, Wisconsin and owner showed us his layout. He had a bridge collapse scene. It gave me an idea for a corner area on my own layout. The following photo is the result.
I was interested in this but the image is broken. Could you upload it and share again please?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts