Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently started back into model railroading after a decade or so away from it. When i put my Broadway Limited M1b on the track, everything seemed okay to start. All of the sounds were playing and lights were on, but as soon as I started to move the loco, it shorted out.

I have not started to look for the issue yet. All I have is a single sketchy exploded diagram of the locomotive.

Does anyone have any experience with working on this loco?
Any ideas where to start?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
If it is truly a short, it may be in the drawbar making contact with an axle, or it could be a short in the tether, or a truck component making contact with the frame. It could even be one of the levers or rods wiping a component that is otherwise 'hot'.

It seems to take place when things start moving. That suggests sudden contact, or shifting.

Don't fret over this too much. If it isn't easily identified, contact BLI and ask them to take a look at it. Shouldn't cost you more than time and shipping.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Good luck with BLI. I have a brand new n scale SD-40 with gear issues. Support said it would be 10 weeks to get it back. Excuse me? I'm sending it back to the dealer for a refund.

I may not buy another one.

Frank

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Hearing a lotta 'bad' about BLI lately...
I have six BLI diesels that run well, but it's not very encouraging to hear a sudden rush of complaints.
I've recently bought two Genesis and two ScaleTrains diesels that run flawlessly. Knock on wood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts