Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bulb question.... I am putting in an order for parts for a few items. Thought I would stock up. I am switching over my 022 to LEDS (I have three pair) and remembered that my 145 Gateman has a burned out bulb too. Do they make an LED bulb for this too. I am ordering from Town and Country...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep,... (I printed that same chart),... The Greenburgs shows a 14 volt lamp #315-20.
I was thinking on going to an LED..... I just want to make sure that an LED is adviseable for a 142,... and if anyone has the LED stock number for the correct bulb.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
There are some LEDs sold as replacements for the accessory bulbs. I bought some last year. They put out a blue light. I was disappointed.

I now buy warm white LEDs and make up my own replacement.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
There are some LEDs sold as replacements for the accessory bulbs. I bought some last year. They put out a blue light. I was disappointed.

(I did not buy from Town and Country)

I now buy warm white LEDs and make up my own replacement.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You make a good point T-man. Mulled on it overnight,... think I will stay with the std bulb... but I like the yellow suggestion.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
You make a good point T-man. Mulled on it overnight,... think I will stay with the std bulb... but I like the yellow suggestion.
Yellow 14v grain of wheat bulbs give buildings a nice warm look.

When I first started setting up my buildings, I put #53s in all the buildings. They were nice and bright. I now have the 14v gow or yellow LEDs in most of the buildings and interiors of some vehicles.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I bought about 100 white LED's on the cheap. They were way too bright for interior building usage so I painted them with a heavy coat of clear orange acrylic.
Secondly, I make sure there is clear plastic covering all the window & door openings then I give the whole building a light misting of DullCoat. This gives you a nice "warm" and "soft" yellowish glow from inside the building.
Just my 2 cents,
Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts