Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems that most of us go thru cycles you buy a ton of locos & freight cars & such then one day you decide to purge some of your stuff mostly motive power . i was a buyer til about 3 weeks ago & i looked around & decided it purge time & i model union pacfic so my proto PA & E6 A&B are gone my erie built are sold & now im delving into steam is going on the chopping block my BLI mountain steamer but it has sat in its box for 3 years soo out it goes.after that my 4-10-2 and a number of challengers are going , but come summer im back to buying , anyone else share thier BING & PURGE :SELLIT:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:dunno: I believe most of us have no idea what you're talking about !
sorry i changed to up to read better but basically
do most of you guys go thru stages where you sell of a chunk of your collection & later start buying?? sorry

·
Registered
785 Posts
I do this in waves. I acquire and as I go along I'm finding more and more what eras and lines I want to keep and which I want to shed. Then I'll go through and purge.

It's never a huge portion of what I have, but it's some specific grouping that I no longer want.

Right now I'm on the verge of shedding most of my 40' IC boxcars. Not sure, but getting there...

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Capitalization and correct punctuation go a long way here. Stop texting us and type out what it is you are trying to say.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
My early layout stuff in my teenage years, I didn't much care about a consistent theme. When my cousin had my stuff for about 15 years, he added some more from various roads.

When I got it all back, I decided to do a mid-1950's themed New Haven layout, and sold off everything that didn't fit. Ever since, I have been consistent and only purchased things that fit my layout.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I understood exactly what he was saying, do we have to use correct language, punctuation to get our point across. Is this high school now? sorry I don't like people correcting everybody's posts, just answer damm question There are way too many critics on this board.

Sorry if I offended anybody, tough!

Dave

·
Registered
8,226 Posts
Maybe there are many critics here.....and you appear to be one of them yourself.....:laugh:

Critical of the critics.....and on and on it goes.....

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
do most of you guys go thru stages where you sell of a chunk of your collection & later start buying?? sorry
Yup I'm right in the middle now

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I understood exactly what he was saying, do we have to use correct language, punctuation to get our point across. Is this high school now? sorry I don't like people correcting everybody's posts, just answer damm question There are way too many critics on this board.

Dave
You misspelled damm.:lame:

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

Dave
Apparently you were not a member of Mrs. Cowan's 5th grade class.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts

Dave

well, i was part of the 'didn't understand' group .. no idea of what he meant really ... doesn't bother me much, but can't answer the question as i don't feel like putting that much time into figuring out what the question was ??..

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
Totally buzzed my tower at first...
Had to read it several times.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yes I am critic when I see morons who only respond to point that a word is misspelled or Some other mistake.
We are supposed to talk about model trains which very little is done. Even the mfgs. Are not exempt, oh that is wrong, they left off a detail. What a bunch of whiners we have here.

Grow up people and enjoy the hobby. Think before you type, think who is on the end of your response.

I'll leave now but I will be watching for the next insane responses and yes I will respond again to idiotic posts instead of myob.

Dave

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Yes I am critic when I see morons who only respond to point that a word is misspelled or Some other mistake.
We are supposed to talk about model trains which very little is done. Even the mfgs. Are not exempt, oh that is wrong, they left off a detail. What a bunch of whiners we have here.

Grow up people and enjoy the hobby. Think before you type, think who is on the end of your response.

I'll leave now but I will be watching for the next insane responses and yes I will respond again to idiotic posts instead of myob.

Dave
I've got a better idea: just let it go. People are free to post whatever they like (within reason), especially if they're looking for clarification. No one appointed you the post police. You are perfectly free to ignore posts that annoy you without further poisoning the discussion (you know: two wrongs make a bigger wrong, not a right). If a member annoys you, put him on your ignore list.

English has "rules" for a reason: it improves communication. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that we make an effort to use them.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I am more curious about your question itself.
As humans we all do things differently..Why ask if we sell/discard our old stuff when we get new stuff ? Some do; probably most don't..Your OP seems to be asking the group what you should do...
The answer is: Do what you like. It's a hobby..:)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Dave
THANKS for the defense , dont worry its all
good .:cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts